No doubt, iPhones are a great advice. The unique features, security and the integrity that is offered in Apple mobiles are unmatched elsewhere. However, the only aspect that irks many Apple fans is that iPhone requires a valid SIM card at all times and unlike iPad, iPods, and even Android devices, users can’t activate their phones without one.
According to the Apple Company, iPhone is meant to be used as a phone which is why having a SIM card is considered mandatory while activating an iPhone for the first time. Nevertheless, there are many Apple fans who wish to use their iPhone without a SIM card. If this is the case with you as well, then read our easy-to-follow guide on how you can activate your iPhone without a Sim Card.
1. Activate iPhone without SIM card:
The moment you turn on an iPhone for the first time, you will receive a notification for a SIM card to be inserted in the SIM slot. Without it, the iPhone will remain stuck on one specific screen. The good news is you can bypass the iPhone to the home screen and use the device as you would a ‘tablet’. Unfortunately, this trick might not work on all mobile phones especially the latest versions that require a real SIM card and no tricks are known to work on it up till now.
- Turn on the phone by holding down the power button until the display turns on. Once the iPhone boots up, you will notice that it remains stuck at a specific screen where you are prompted to insert a SIM card.
- To bypass this, simply tap the home button. However, you won’t be directed to the Home screen as the phone isn’t activated and instead you will be given the option to make an emergency call. Dial some number like 112, make a call and immediately hang up with the red button. If the steps are followed as mentioned, chances are your home screen will show up and you have managed to activate your phone without a SIM card.
2. Use R-Sim/X-Sim to Activate iPhone without Original SIM:
You can also use X-SIM or R-SIM to activate your phone without an original SIM card. Here’s how.
- Insert your SIM card with the R-SIM in your phone.
- Select the carrier from the list or enter the IMSI code.
- Confirm and restart your phone.
- The iPhone will automatically start searching for the service after which you will be able to use your phone without a SIM card.
3. Use iTunes to activate iPhone without SIM card:
There is also an option to activate iPhone with iTunes and no SIM card is required as well.
- Simply download the latest version of iTunes from the official Apple link.
- Take out your lightning cable or 40 pin dock connector and connect your iPhone with the PC using the authorized cable.
- After the iPhone detects iTunes, the software interface will show guided instructions on the computer screen. Follow them to have your phone activated without using a SIM card.
Please note that the above method works only for a few carriers and many a times you will be asked to enter the last 4 digits of your SSN, your phone number and Zip code to activate it.
Conclusion: After your iPhone is activated without a SIM card, you can easily use it for surfing the internet, games, apps, and make free calls. The process stated above is easy to follow and will allow you to easily activate your phone in a matter of minutes. Do try and let us know how it works for you!